As per Ontario Regulation 202/94 of the Pharmacy Act, 1991, a pharmacist, pharmacy technician, registered pharmacy student or intern is required to self-report to the College if he or she:
- has been found guilty of any offence in any jurisdiction
- has been charged with any offence in any jurisdiction
- has a finding of professional negligence and/or malpractice
- has a finding of professional misconduct, incompetence or incapacity or any similar finding, in relation to the practice of pharmacy or any other profession or occupation in any jurisdiction
- is the subject of a current investigation, inquiry or proceeding for professional misconduct, incompetence or incapacity or any similar investigation or proceeding in relation to the practice of pharmacy or any other profession or occupation in any jurisdiction
To file a self-report, fill out the Self-Reporting Form and submit it by mail to: Intakes, Conduct Operations, 483 Huron St., Toronto, ON M5R 2R4 or by fax to 416-847-8499, or email to email@example.com. If you have questions about the self-reporting process, please contact the intakes team toll-free at 1-800-220-1921 ext. 2274.
Please note that the College cannot provide legal advice about a pharmacy professional’s obligation to make a self-report.