This page is a collection of useful resources from other organizations.
Chat, Check, Chart (CCC): Alberta College of Pharmacy
- CCC Check up on "Checking": Gathering More Information and Assessing to Detect and Resolve More Patient Problems
- CCC Plotting the "Chart": Supporting Assessments and Maintaining Standards to Protect You and Your Patients
- Checklist for Starting or Continuing a Trial of Opioid Therapy (Appendix A –Checklist)
Morphine Equivalent Dosing (MED)
- Opioid Manager Morphine Equivalence Table (within Opioid Manager pdf)
- Opioid Manager Morphine Equivalence Table (within Switching Opioids pdf)
- MAGICapp - Recommendations, evidence summaries and consultation decision aids for practice, based on the 2017 Canadian Guideline for Opioids for Chronic Non-Cancer Pain
- CDC Opioid Guideline App - Reflects the CDC's Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic pain and includes a morphine milligram equivalent calculator
- Opioid Manager
- Rx Files
- The Well
Choosing Wisely Canada is a national campaign to help clinicians and patients engage in conversations about unnecessary tests and treatments, and make smart and effective care choices.
Developed by the University of Waterloo School of Pharmacy, Pharmacy5in5 is an interactive, online and app-based teaching tool that houses self-assessment quizzes and other educational resources. It's an innovative tool to stay up to date on pharmacy practice, improve your knowledge, and understand pharmacy trends.
Pharmacy Management in Canada: Canadian Foundation for Pharmacy
Canada's first textbook dedicated to pharmacy management since 1998 provides timely content written and reviewed by more than 100 experts from across the country.
Guidebook for Pharmacists on Diabetes Management: Helping Patients Reach Treatment Goals : University of Toronto's Banting & Best Diabetes Centre
The Guidebook for Pharmacists on Diabetes Management is divided into three sections: glycemia, cardiovascular protection, and lifestyle. It includes information pharmacists need to know including clinical pearls, medication charts, helpful tips for educating patients using motivational interviewing techniques and managing common side effects.
De-prescribing Guidelines for the Elderly: Ontario Pharmacy Research Collaboration (OPEN)
These guidelines will support interdisciplinary teams of healthcare professionals in tapering or stopping medications that may be causing harm or are no longer providing benefit as well as monitoring for adverse drug withdrawal reactions in elderly patients.
- Deprescribing App: Access to deprescribing algorithms